Exactly a week ago , I made a post about my first transplant . Below you can see that the sweet corn has continued to grow and they look quite healthy, so i will assume that the transplant was a success !
P.S. All transplanted crops were grown from Nation of Islam seeds .
I also promised that if it was a success I would post the steps I took to transplanting my indoor crops , so here we go !
Transplanting Steps :
- Bring your indoor plants outside and let them get used to their new environment before putting them in the ground . This will help decrease the chance of transplanting shock. ( I let my plants sit outside for about 4-5 days )
- Till the ground you would like to plant on. I find that adding Natures Care Organic Soil and Black Kow Manure helps to add nutrients to the ground you will work on . (Let the soil settle for about 24-48 hours )
- After the soil settles, dig 6-8 inch holes where you would like your plants to grow in.
- Fill the holes with Natures Care Organic Soil and a of handful Black Kow Manure. Mix well !
- For the sweet corn, I dug a hole in the soil and manure patch about 1 inch deep. (Research how deep your plant needs to be placed in the soil)
- Remove the plant from its starter home very carefully, so that you will not damage the root ball and then proceed to bury it in the soil.
- Cover the roots with a little extra soil
Water your plant and watch it grow 🙂 !